Boostify is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Boostify may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We are registered as a limited company in the UK as Boostify Limited and refer to ourselves in the first person throughout this policy. Our registration number is 8548461 and our registered offices is 2200 Century Way, Thorpe Park, Leeds, LS15 8ZB.
Our Data Protection Officer is Jonathan Thirkill. You can contact Jonathan by post at: Boostify, 2200 Century Way, Thorpe Park, Leeds, LS15 8ZB or by email at: DPO@boostify.co.uk
Data we hold
Boostify stores data about:
- Our users (i.e. the customers who sign up to Boostify in order to add our platform to their website)
- Our users' end-users (i.e. the customers of our users that are tracked with our platform)
Boostify does not share, or resell, any kind of user data (whether data described in point 1 or 2 above).
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information from the device (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country you are located in, and web browser type, IP Address)
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Data breaches will be notified to our users within 72 hours, after having become aware of it. It is then the responsibility of our users to report this data-breach to their end-users.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider the balance and any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights under the data protection regulation. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Our legitimate business interests may include some or all of the following:
- To market our product via email, call and post to potential new clients who would legitimatly see a benefit from using Boostify on their website;
- To send you marketing communications, informing customers about our products and services and keeping them updated about any relevant development (you can opt out of marketing communications at any time);
- To effectively manage and maintain records of relationships and communications with our customers.
Your Data, Your Rights
You have a right to be informed of Personal Data processed by Boostify, a right to correction/rectification, erasure and restriction of data processing. You also have the right to receive from Boostify a common and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided to us.
We can only identify you via the email address you provided and we can only process your request and provide information if we have Personal Data about you through you having made contact with us directly and/or you using our site and/or service. We cannot provide, rectify or delete any data that we store on behalf of our users or customers.
Where you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out previously. Whenever you withdraw consent, you acknowledge that this may have a negative influence on the quality of the Boostify Website(s) and/or Services. You further agree that Boostify shall not be held liable with respect to any loss or damage to your Personal Data if you choose to withdraw consent.
Where Personal Data is processed for the above purposes on the basis of Boostify’s legitimate interests, under the GDPR, you may object to such processing at any time. To do so please contact : email@example.com.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
Control Your Marketing Preferences
You may choose to restrict use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of any email commucations sent from us to your email address.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Duration of Processing
We will store your usage data until such time when you withdraw your consent for us to do so. All other data as specified above will be retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may also retain information as required by law.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.